About this Private Policy
Kinds of personal information is held
The personal information we collect about you includes your:
- Name and contact details (including residential or business address, delivery address, email address, telephone number);
- marketing preferences, including the type of marketing materials you wish to receive and the method of delivery (email, SMS or other);
How personal information is collected and held
Normally we collect personal information from you directly, when you register an user account from our website. We may collect your personal information:
- when you make a purchase or complete purchase orders, registrations, requests or applications for our products or services or loyalty program (by phone, in person or electronically);
- where you access and interact with the website or the customer service team including via social media sites.
How we hold your personal information
We may hold your personal information in hard copy (paper) or electronic form. If you provide information to us electronically, we retain this information in our computer systems and databases. Information held in electronic form is generally held on servers controlled by us and on servers controlled by third parties under contractual arrangement with us. We use physical security, password protection and other measures to ensure that personal information stored in electronic form is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Personal information collected in hard copy (paper) form may be converted to electronic form. Where this occurs, generally the hard copy is securely destroyed at the end of this process. Information held in paper-based form is generally securely stored at our head office or at our retail locations. We use physical security and other measures to ensure that personal information in hard copy form is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Anonymity and Pseudonymity
You have the option of not identifying yourself, or using a pseudonym, when dealing with us (where this is lawful and practicable for example, when making an enquiry or purchasing products from our retail stores). However, in certain circumstances, if we do not collect personal information about you, we may be unable to provide you with the products and services you have asked us to provide.
Purposes for collecting, holding, using and disclosing personal information
The main purposes for which we collect, hold and use your personal information are:
- to provide you with products and services that you have requested from us;
- to communicate with you, including about products and services, competition results, special offers, and events which might interest you; and
- to answer your questions, provide you with information or advice or consider and respond to requests or complaints made by you.
We also use and disclose your personal information:
- to carry out administration, marketing, planning, risk management, fraud and loss prevention activities;
- for product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way we and our service providers provide products and services to us and you;
- to seek your feedback in relation to customer satisfaction and our relationship with you and perform research and statistical analysis using such feedback; and
- to comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities.
The kinds of third parties to whom we may disclose personal information to include delivery services providers, manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, marketing and communications agencies, data analysts, IT service providers and our advisors including our professional advisors (including legal and financial advisors). We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for other purposes explained at the time of collection.
We may send you direct marketing communications to keep you informed about products and services we provide and other products and services that may be of interest to you via email, SMS, social media, or regular mail. If you have indicated a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method wherever practical to do so.
We acknowledge and respect our customers’ choice to “opt-out” of direct marketing communication activities from us. You may opt out of direct marketing communications at any time by contacting us by emailing email@example.com.
Online and Digital Services
Third party sites
During online transactions we do not collect your credit card or banking details as online payments are handled by Paypal. Please check the www.paypal.com.au websites for details of their privacy policies and security measures. Our website or communications may also contain links to websites which are owned or operated by other parties. You should make your own enquiries as to the privacy policies of these parties. We are not responsible for information on, or the privacy practices of, any third-party websites.
Accessing and seeking correction to personal information
Accessing Personal Information
You are entitled to access your personal information we hold about you on request. To request access to your personal information, please contact us using the contact details set out below under ‘Contacting Us’. In limited circumstances, access to your personal information may be declined in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles. We may charge a reasonable fee for providing access to your personal information.
Updating personal Information
We will endeavour to keep your personal information accurate, up-to-date and complete. You can assist us with this by letting us know if you notice errors or discrepancies in information we hold about you and letting us know if your details change. If you consider any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading you are entitled to request correction of the information. After receiving a request from you, we will take reasonable steps to correct your information.
Destruction of Personal Information
Liz Cuddling Pets take reasonable steps to delete or securely destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information where it is no longer required and to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, disclosure, loss, misuse and alteration. If you wish to have your personal information removed from our records, you may request that your personal information be deleted or securely destroyed. It will not always be possible to comply with your request to delete or destroy your personal information.
Complaints about handling of personal information
Changes to this policy